Friday, August 26, 2011

LIBERATE YOUR ART Postcard Swap!


Participating in Kat Sloma's "Liberate Your Art" postcard swap was a lot of creative fun. Participating in a swap is always great because it gives me a reason to have to go to my craft area and create instead of doing all those other things that often squeeze my creating time down to almost zero. Then anticipating the postcards arriving in the mailbox added to the fun. My postcard, "Journey" is a collage made from dress pattern pieces, bits of scrap paper, stamps from Australia, a Tim Holtz charm, and rubber stamp quotes. Thanks to everyone that participated! I enjoyed your creativity immensely.

The Postcards were so varied and creative. Lara sent a wonderful contemporary photo of the Park Playa Hotel in London, Kat sent the beautifully composed scooter photo making me think of going on a grand adventure, Claudia sent the yummy jumbo cookie card and I was ready to get to baking. "Red Velvet" was sent by Cindy and is a cut and paste creation. Hillary's place setting photo made me wonder what delicious goody was to come. Martha sent the marvelous burst of color with her flower photo card.





14 comments:

  1. Hello Susie
    I too participated in Liberate Your Art and I'm bloghopping from Kent, England.

    Nice to meet you and look forward to 'following' you ...

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time I visit another blog, I can't believe the gorgeous work. What a wonderful swap!
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am loving seeing the many different and so beautiful post cards! This was a great swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... so nice to meet you!
    These postcards are fantastic. What a wonderful experience.
    I found this swap very expiring.
    Have a wonderful weekend <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from the blog hop and have enjoyed viewing your post cards. Amazing aren't they! Thanks for sharing your art with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking the mail every day in excitement was my favorite part, too. :) Isthe first photo of your postcard? They are all beautiful! And you got a muffin in a cup. :) Love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful cards you received! That postcard of the cookies has got to be my favorite:) I loved participating in the swap too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wasn't this the most fun!! great cards. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your collage is beautiful.
    You received gorgeous art in return!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a fun experience receiving and giving... your card and the ones you received are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've just come over blog hopping! It's so great to see all these wonderful piece of arts! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susie!

    What a yummy and colorful collection of postcards you received! The postcard you created is wonderful - I love all of the layers, the composition, and the subtle color choices :) The Picasso quote is great too - One of my favorites!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the postcard you created and you received a wonderful set. Beautiful art all around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. blog hopping my way through the great artists of this swap. thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete