Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Round Robin Journal Project

I am participating in a round robin journal project organized by the wonderful, creative mermaid, Carmen. Here is the start of my journal that will travel to eight other participants and be blessed with wonderful, marvelous artistic creations by each of them. I am new to the art journaling world so hopefully my efforts will improve as I get to work a page in each journal that will come my way. We are being encouraged to use just what we have on hand for the pages we create. The theme is "Art Saves". The one picture is the cover for my journal. I am still working on it, but this is a picture of stage 1. I used the paper-cloth technique by Kelli Perkins in her book Stitch Alchemy. I want to add some embossing and some other stuff to it before I declare it finished. The other picture is one of my pages I have created for my own journal. We are given two weeks to complete our creations so I have another week to work on another page before the journal flies away to someone else.
Hop over to the other participants' pages and check out what is happening in their creative worlds.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!
    I clicked your pictures and,
    oh my! you are in the right path, I really love how you have made yours the Kelly Perkins techniques.
    I love the peaks of maps the most!
    And love the use of quotes in your page
    Thank you so much for sharing your art pages with us.
    Thank YOU!!!
    I can't wait to see and touch your journal
    did you say you have a harley????
    superb!!!
    I would love to ride one, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your page came out and sure hope you are attaching this cover so we can all see it up close and personal :-)
    That is the quote I almost used on my page!! and love the addition of the feather. I love feathers.. hint, hint...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, all the colors and the textures.. I am going to be startin in on mine this weekend. PS - I love feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I love that you used an angel (a "smiling angel") and a Thomas Merton quote in yours! I'm thinking along lines like this myself - spiritual, soulful. I love the colors of your page, it reminds me of the sea! And our cover is coming out awesome! I can't wait to FEEL that cover! Thank you so much for your prayers for my grandma. xoxo Serena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work! Your page is inspirational, colorful and unique! Love the messages and the peaceful feeling I get from it all. Can't wait to see more!!

    xo Scarlet (Ily)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Awesome! Lots of good stuff. I'm still working on mine. This is going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete