Monday, December 21, 2009

"Book" Box

I was blog hopping several weeks ago and saw a paper mache' box using a picture and thought what a great idea for the kids of the family. We had school pictures of everyone, and who doesn't love a keepsake box for those special treasures?! This is one of eight I did over the past week. We had one of our Christmases this past Saturday and some of the adults wanted their own box, too! The kids really liked them, and I had tucked a little present in each one. Of course, I have no idea where I saw this originally. I just read a blog that said they were going to link back to where they saw the ideas they tried. I think I need to also keep track of where I have been so I can share where I got great ideas. The box is from Michael's. I also used boxes from Hobby Lobby. It was hard finding eight in good shape. Hinges, key, key hole are Tim Holtz's grunge paper, buttons were from a bag I got at Archivers. I gessoed and then water colored the book and then did some stamps with distress inks and sanded the edges to distress it.

1 comment:

  1. i love this !
    wonderful!
    i love all the stuff by tim holtz!
    so many blogs so many wonderful ideas BUT we need more time, right?
    Merry Christmas dear Susie!

    ReplyDelete