Friday, November 6, 2009

AEDM Day 6





Well...I decided to try out color on the pages this morning knowing I can always paint over it if I don't like it. I may end up with a lot of layers at this rate!!! I am walking away thinking it looks a bit like a poopy diaper color. I wanted a golden look with accents. Maybe I added too much or muddied it up too much. Any suggestions would be appreciated since I am knew to all this. I don't have much time today so will come back and see what I think, later. Didn't paint the edges until I am good with a color. I think I need to also pick the pictures to add to the page before I go any further. Busy weekend ahead, not sure if I will get to commit too much time to this project until Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I like the color! can't wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over to visit my Kabuki obsession on Mother Henna blog, Susie. Love what you are playing with here for your AEDM project! I like the yellow accents on these pages, but I know what you mean about doing something to color. Then looking and not liking, etc. Lots of things you could try. Pick really bright accent colors now... and then do patterns or borders ...lines, dots, mesh... I've got a "patterns and textures" vid posted

    http://motherhenna.blogspot.com/2009/06/patterns-textures-with-mother-henna.html

    maybe? and a few photos posted from three little altered books I did over summer:

    http://motherhenna.blogspot.com/2009/06/never-ending-art-explosion.html

    Looking forward to seeing where you go next with it!
    miracles,
    k-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a sucker for seeing process shots ~ I love seeing how people do things! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete