Monday, November 23, 2009

AEDM Day 23


Very early in AEDM someone posted their art that was made by swirling or dragging a string dipped in India ink around on paper and then coloring/painting in the spaces made. I thought it looked interesting so a few days ago, I went and got some ink. I should have gotten some string, too (lol)! All I had at home was some twine which was too stiff and "hairy". I didn't know if I was suppose to drag or lay it in loops...neither worked. So I took the dropper that came with the ink and just dragged it around on a small piece of watercolor paper and then had fun using different colors of watercolor to fill it in. I could see scanning this and printing it out on card stock to make note cards. It was meditative for me, much like the zentangle/doodle was yesterday. I like getting friendly with the watercolors. It is much more fun to use them than just looking at them tubed and boxed up!

Have a wonderful week.

9 comments:

  1. My gut reaction to seeing this was the thought, "I like this." I love the bright colors. This reminds me of a project I might have been assigned in elementary school art class. I agree that this design would be good on note cards, maybe with a simple generic "Thinking of you..." on the outside, maybe not.

    I am new to AEDM. Please feel free to check out my blog:
    http://adesiretogetcreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so bright and colourful I love diung these too - relaxing. Just as say - like zentangles.
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I love how you are getting inspired by AEDM participants to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is really a vivd piece..I love the random feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for you comment on my post, i enjoy to stop on your page and discover your art, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, this looks like it was lots of fun. Reminds me of something I did with crayons when I was a kid and I remember I had so much fun doing those!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. The drawing is way out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep posting comments today and then thinking of something else to say. I bought watercolors this week. The same day that I bought the sketchbook I used for the wren tonight. I'll have to use them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really enjoy all the colors-how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep in with the fun and the experimentation sweetheart, very good indeed!

    ReplyDelete