Wednesday, November 11, 2009

AEDM Day 11



I love Stevie Nick's music. This year for my birthday, my hubby took me to a Fleetwood Mac concert and it was fantastic. I really wanted a t-shirt, but did not want them as much as they cost!!! Outside, t-shirts were being sold for $10. Well, of course, I thought even though they aren't the official ones it would be fine. Not so...didn't fit right at all, back graphic was on to one side. So I never wore it. Yesterday, while cleaning out my closet and thinking to donate the t-shirt to a charity... the thought "pillow" popped into my mind. I had seen a pillow on one of the AEDM posts so that is probably why it popped into my thoughts so easily. So today, I cut up the shirt, stuffed a pillow form I had into it, and now I have a reminder of a wonderful time where I can see it all the time and not hidden away in a closet.

11 comments:

  1. What a great way to make use of something not-so-great and honor the memory!!!

    Love*it!

    http://www.juliejordanscott.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FM! and the pillow turned out soooooo beautiful!!!
    xoxo,
    ja

    aedm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and wonderful, fun pillow. Now you can enjoy it even more often than if you had worn the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! What a creative way to keep and showcase something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is AWESOME! Glad to see that you salvaged your shirt for all to see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative you were! I love that you made it into a pillow. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice reuse!

    http://www.leahvirsik.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool idea!

    I can see a whole row of great pillows in my head....all made from concert t-shirts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic idea...love fleetwood, love pillows! Well done!
    Best regards
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative idea !
    It looks great!

    sema

    ReplyDelete
  11. What incredible fun!!!!!!!! Brilliant idea. I came across the book Generation T and took to hacking all my piles of T's :) One of the last ideas she has in the book is dolls -- might try that one next! We'll see... miracles, k-

    ReplyDelete