Tuesday, November 10, 2009

AEDM Day 10



I make a bookmark for today. The idea was in GreenCraft magazine-Summer 2009. The "green" part of the bookmark is a used dryer sheet that was tea dyed for the front center panel. The other green part for me is that I used stuff I already had instead of buying anything new. The dryer sheet didn't seem to take the tea dye very well, but it did color a little. I used a charm instead of printing the word on canvas as suggested in the article. This was fast and fun, and I think I will do another one before long and use a more contrasting thread for the decorative stitching.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Dryer sheets are great. I have painted them, too, and they took the color very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a concept with the dryer sheet! I love the idea of using what I have, which is what I've been trying to do most of this month. Not that it's always recycling! This is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great gift idea - I think it came out so very lovely - thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very inspirational idea. I like it. Works well and it was you that created it. What more can one give. :)

    Happy Creative Every Day Month

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea to use a dryer sheet. Create Every Day Month is a great time to go through what we already have to create new things. I have a pile of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay for reusing stuff!
    What is a dryer sheet ~ I haven't heard of them before ... maybe we call it something different in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to be green! and "dream" is such a good word. this is a clever project, susie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! how cute, and even cooler that it is recycling!!!! I can't use dryer sheets though. But I think you can use dryer lint in Challenge #3 for paper mache!!!! ;) LOL

    Have a great night.
    xoxo,
    ja

    ReplyDelete