Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Art Pieces ATC Challenge-Music


I decided to try a transfer technique for this week's challenge. I scanned some music, "yellowed" it with photoshop and added in some notes. Printed it on a transparency and then using gel medium, transferred it to some cotton canvas material I had. Then I fringed the edges. for the background on the ATC, I used a Krylon gold leaf pen and drew in some notes and designs. Finally, I watercolored the background using Phthalo Turquoise and Cobalt Blue Violet. The pen acted as a resist when I watercolored. Then added an embellishment from Blue Moon Beads-Lost and Found, and some wire along with an extra note in the corner.

Thanks for coming by for a look.

6 comments:

  1. Me too, I love what you did with this. I`m impressed, really nice.

    Thanks for joining us at Art Pieces! :)

    Hugs, Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a super ATC! And just to come up with such a great idea! Also impressed, like the others, that's for sure:)

    Thanks for joining us at Art Pieces this week!


    Hugs, Gro

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great atc!! Love the way you created this one!!
    Thank you for joining us this week :)

    Hugs, Gry-Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your atc!! Great work, with many details!
    Thank you for joining us at Art Pieces:)

    ReplyDelete