Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2cre8art-Beeswax Collage Challenge


Oh, my golly. This was a lot more challenging than I anticipated. Part of the challenge was getting the materials. Living in a small town away from everything, I had to order beeswax and the heat tool.
The final product was fair. I learned that I used way too much beeswax to start with, so when I applied the tissue paper, there were bubbles underneath that I had a hard time getting out. It took me the whole project to master the small iron and as I tried to apply the hearts, stars, frames, etc., I ended up melting them off again.
I used papers from The Paper Studio, foof-a-la, and DCWV-Once Upon a Time, Kryon's Gold Leaf Pen, almost all of my patience, and my grandpa's eyes from a favorite photo.
It is something I will try again, now that I feel more comfortable with the technique. It did photograph cloudier than it looks in person.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice Susie! thanx for playing

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice. I agree with you about the mess and smoke. :-) I like reference to your grandfather...very touching. Great job!

    ReplyDelete